SMART CITY INNOVATION CHALLENGE in Vietnam
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
The Smart City Innovation Challenge is an initiative by Mekong Business Initiative, a joint venture of the Asian
Development Bank and the Government of Australia, to source deployable solutions to Vietnam’s urban challenges from global innovators.
In cooperation with Vietnam’s city governments, the Steering Committee for Smart Cities has issued a global call for solutions within 13 key areas of focus:
• Energy efficiency
• Affordable housing
• Traffic management & smarter parking
• Drainage, sewerage and waste management
• Urban agriculture
• Water purification and delivery
• Public security and monitoring of natural disasters
• Environmental planning
• E-government services
• Greenery and public spaces
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Companies of all sizes looking to gain access to the Vietnamese market with readily deployable solutions in the
• Applications close on 18 September 2017
• Up to 15 companies will be shortlisted and announced
• Smart City Innovation Workshop held in Vietnam during the last week of October 2017 (exact dates TBA)
EXCLUSIVE INVITATION TO SMART CITY WORKSHOP IN VIETNAM
All flights and accommodation will be paid for two nights and two days. Exclusive invitation to network, participate and present to actual demand-drivers and implementors: the Steering Committee for Smart Cities and the local authorities of Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Quang Nam and Hoi An.