Vacancy Announcement – PFAN Intern (40 h/week)
Position: Private Financing Advisory Network Intern
Reports to: PFAN Director
Hours: 40 hours, flexitime possible
Duration: 6 months
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a Quasi-International Organisation under Austrian law operating in a growing international environment that is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment and has a young and results-oriented team of approximately 27 staff at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria working hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a programme hosted and executed by REEEP in partnership with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO). PFAN identifies promising climate and clean energy businesses and projects in low- and middle-income countries, and provides them with coaching and investor matchmaking services. PFAN is a multilateral public-private partnership initiated in 2006 by the Climate Technology Initiative, in cooperation with the UNFCCC’s Expert Group on Technology Transfer. Through its activities, PFAN helps mobilize private-sector financing for clean energy and climate-change-technology transfer and diffusion to low- and middle-income countries.
For more information please visit our website: https://pfan.net/
About the Role
As part of the PFAN team, the PFAN Intern will work in close collaboration with the PFAN Analysts and will report to the PFAN Director. The intern will support the team in their day-to-day activities, with an emphasis on the accurate and timely management of data and systems, besides a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project data gap analysis and collection for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and donor reporting purposes.
- System testing of Climate Invest, PFAN’s workflow management system.
- Drafting capacity building material for Project Developers, Advisors and Country Coordinators on how to use Climate Invest.
- Provision of support to climate adaptation and clean energy Project Developers applying for PFAN services.
- Coordinating with PFAN Advisors and Country Coordinators on deliverables submission and collection.
- Eligibility reviews of incoming PFAN project applications from climate adaptation and clean energy project developers across PFAN Regions: Latin America & Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Pacific and Eastern Europe & Central Asia. This includes the evaluation of Business Plans and Financial Models.
- The PFAN Intern will be taught how to use RETScreen software to calculate the GHG-reductions of PFAN’s project pipeline and as a result is expected to support the calculation of GHG reductions of incoming projects.
- Other tasks as defined by the PFAN Director and the PFAN Analysts.
About the Profile
- Students or recent graduates in one of the following subjects: Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration or related fields with strong quantitative elements
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and solid command of other MS Office programs.
- Strong attention to detail, numbers- and data-oriented, meticulous and diligent
- Pro-active, independent, service-oriented team player and problem solver
- Solid interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent command of English, REEEP’s working language
- Knowledge of French or Spanish or Russian is an asset (but not required).
- Previous experience or knowledge of data management and analysis, systems testing and customer relationship management systems (CRM) is an asset.
- Work experience in project management or related tasks is an asset.
About the Package
For a 40 h/week full-time internship REEEP offers a monthly salary of EUR 600,- (gross, paid 14 times per year, subject to Austrian social security deduction, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s status as “Quasi International Organisation”). It further includes five weeks paid leave per year, as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. A 6-month position will be pro-rated accordingly.
The envisaged starting date is 14th June 2021 and latest 19th July 2021, and the envisaged duration is 6 months.
Please indicate your earliest possible starting date and how long you would be able to do the internship for in your cover letter/email.
The REEEP offices are located is the Vienna International Centre (‘UNO City’) in Vienna, Austria. Due to the current regulations and restriction regarding Covid19, all work is being conducted remotely, however the successful candidate must reside in Vienna. REEEP is not in the position to cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred, e.g. for job interviews.
Due to its special legal status, applicants must have a valid residency permit for Austria/EU, but do not require a work permit.
REEEP encourages equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
About the Application
Applicants are kindly requested to address their CV and motivation letter and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only complete and timely applications will be considered and that only short-listed candidates will receive individual communication. The selection procedure may include interviews and a written test.
Application deadline: 30th May 2021 (midnight CET)
This is an advertisement for a full-time intern position. Please do not contact us unless you are applying for the position. Solicitations from service providers and brokers will be deleted and marked as spam.
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff and REEEP Governing Board members of the evaluation committee directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEP’s contact data.