Join us at the Capacity Building Hub at COP25 in Madrid on Tuesday, 10 December to learn how PFAN employs capacity building to unlock frontier markets for clean energy and pull in private investors.
Much of the potential for climate and clean energy solutions remains untapped due to barriers that persist in the frontier markets, notably:
- On the supply side, there is insufficient financial and commercial skills and capacity to develop viable propositions;
- On the demand side, experience and expertise within financial institutions is at times lacking to evaluate and mitigate the risks associated with such investments.
- Highlight the key role of capacity building to unlock frontier markets for investments at scale in low carbon, climate resilient projects.
- Identify best practices in building capacity, as well as persisting gaps and barriers to be addressed.
- Patrick Nussbaumer | PFAN Programme Manager, UNIDO
- Renilde Ndayishimiye| UNFCCC Paris Committee on Capacity Building
- Peter Storey | Global Coordinator, PFAN
- Fred Seifert | Manager, SITAWI
- Antoine Faye | PFAN Country Coordinator, Senegal
- Maher Chebbo | Chair, REEEP Governing Board