PFAN Privacy Statement
REEEP – the Executing Agency of the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) – is committed to protecting your personal data. REEEP processes personal data in compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. All information that you provide to REEEP, e.g. by completing online registration and application forms and uploading supporting documents in Climate Invest, is stored on a secure IT infrastructure.
In addition, PFAN and its partners in the PFAN Programme respect the confidentiality of all information submitted with each Application. These documents and data will not be copied for any purposes other than for the use during the application process. Once a project is selected, confidentiality terms will be covered in the respective coaching contract.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
During the application process, you will be requested to give consent to the processing of your personal data by REEEP, in line with this privacy statement.
Please note that your consent is necessary to apply for and to receive support from PFAN. If you do not give your consent, you may not submit a PFAN application, because PFAN would not be allowed to process your application further. You may withdraw your consent at any time – however, this may also hinder the possibility to receive support from the PFAN network, if processing and transferring the data is necessary to prepare or administer this support.
What personal data does REEEP process about you and why?
As the Executing Agency of the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN), REEEP processes personal data of PFAN Network Members, Project Developers, PFAN Coordinators, and external evaluators.
The data processed via Climate Invest belongs to the following categories: contact details (such as full name, physical address, e-mail, phone number, and Skype ID), affiliated organisation, gender and nationality, CV, data on competencies and experience, personal data related to projects and names of associated investors and shareholders.
This personal data is processed for various purposes of PFAN programme management: administration of contact data, selection of PFAN Network Members for assignment to Project Developers, administrative tasks related to programme and project implementation, investor outreach, as well as programme monitoring and evaluation.
Will REEEP disclose any of your personal data?
For the purposes of PFAN programme management, it is indispensable that certain data is shared with the following third parties: PFAN Coordinators (Global, Regional and Country Coordinators) and affiliated personnel, Members of the Technical Committee, Members of the Investment Facilitation Team, PFAN Network Members, UNIDO personnel, external evaluators, external partners and judges.
All data recipients are committed to the highest standards in dealing with personal data – independent of their location. Nevertheless, we are legally obliged to inform you that a level of protection comparable to one under the GDPR cannot be guaranteed in third countries or international organisations due to the absence of an adequacy decision and appropriate safeguards.
Since PFAN operates at an international level and its Trust Fund and investor outreach efforts are managed by UNIDO, many of the above-mentioned data recipients and IT system suppliers are based in third countries or are representatives of international organisations:
- PFAN Coordinators and affiliated personnel, Members of the Technical Committee and Members of the Investment Facilitation Team receive project application data and documents, including details on personal data, for the purpose of evaluating the project and providing support within their respective regions, as applicable.
- PFAN Network Members receive project application data and documents, including details on personal data, for the purpose of assignment and contracting of coaching services. Once the contract is signed, the confidentiality of the data is further embedded into the contractual service agreement among the respective parties.
- UNIDO personnel dedicated to the PFAN programme and certain members of UNIDO operations (including procurement and finance) have access to shared systems (including Climate Invest and Customer Relationship Management systems), which contain project application data and documents, including details on personal data. The reason for their access is only for the purpose of processing PFAN funding contracts, required monitoring and reporting under these contracts, and investor outreach activities.
- External evaluators and external partners of PFAN receive project application data and documents, including details on personal data, for the purpose of evaluating the project and providing support within their respective regions, as applicable, and when providing support to PFAN events.
- Judges receive project application data and documents, including details on personal data, for the purpose of project evaluation during the PFAN Investment Forum.
For how long will REEEP store your personal data?
Personal data related to the PFAN network and stakeholder engagement is deleted if there has not been any contact with the network member/stakeholder for eight years, unless erasure is requested earlier.
Personal data related to project proposals and supported projects is stored for the period foreseen in the contract between REEEP and the funder of the PFAN programme. Beyond this data, data is only stored with the consent of the persons concerned.
If you withdraw your consent to data processing, your personal data will be deleted, unless there is another lawful reason – such as a legal obligation – to keep it further.
What are your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation?
- Right to request access: you may contact us at any time to access to the personal data we keep about you, as well as further information related to the processing of this data
- Right to request rectification: If we keep any personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete, you may ask us to correct this data
- Right to request erasure: You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us the consent to process your personal data, but you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to data portability
- Under GDPR, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The competent supervisory authority in Austria is the “Austrian Data Protection Authority” (https://www.data-protection-authority.gv.at/)
How can I contact REEEP?
Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
Wagramer Strasse 5 (Vienna International Centre, Room D-2169)
Where can I find further information about GDPR?