PFAN joins Spotlight Session at Asia Clean Energy Forum 2022 – “Lessons from the Trenches: How Can We Scale Up Investment into SME Clean Energy Projects?”
Are you a clean energy finance practitioner or someone interested in investing in clean energy projects? Well, you can’t miss this PFAN Spotlight Session. PFAN has been a supporting partner to the Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF) over the past 10 years, and this year, PFAN will host a Spotlight Session titled “Lessons from the Trenches: How Can We Scale Up Investment into SME Clean Energy Projects?” on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (Manila Time).
We will discuss key challenges in securing financing for clean energy projects, and how investment into such projects across Asia can be accelerated to meet the ambitious climate and clean energy targets. Our speakers are –
• Peter Storey, Global Coodinator, PFAN
• Nagaraja Rao, Head of Global Quality, PFAN
• Peter Du Pont, Southeast Asia Regional Coordinator, PFAN
• Pamli Deka, South Asia Regional Coordinator, PFAN
• Jugnu Pati, Investment Specialist, ADB Ventures
Clean Energy Project Developers
• Jignasa Jani Visaria, Head of Renewable Capital, Fourth Partner Fourth Partner (India). Scaling up a rooftop solar model.
• Mohammad Shoaib, Head of Corporate Business, Lankabangla Finance (Bangladesh). Green bonds for refinancing energy projects.
• Barani Aung, Managing Director, Techno Hill Engineering (Myanmar). Solar mini-grids.
Investors and Banks
• Cedric Rimaud, ASEAN Programme Manager, Climate Bonds Initiative (Singapore). Corporate debt guarantees for SMEs in Asia.
• Rajiv Kumar, General Manager, Green Climate & Energy Efficiency Center, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) (India). Experience financing energy efficiency and clean energy in SMEs.
• Chintan N Shah, Director (Technical), IREDA (India)
• Ittiporn Intravisit, First Vice President, Kasikorn Bank (Thailand)
• Azmir Abdullah, Manager, CIMB Bank (Malaysia)
PFAN joins the Side Event organised by USAID India at Asia Clean Energy Forum 2022
This Side Event will be focusing on “Innovative Financing Instruments for Enabling Asia’s Clean Energy Transition” including:
1. Presenting the clean energy financing gaps that exist in the region and the challenges for mobilization of finance
2. Developing awareness among regional stakeholders regarding types of innovative financing instruments that can be tapped to mobilize finance
3. Providing a platform for the exchange of practitioners’ experience of benefiting from such innovative financing instruments
PFAN Network Manager, Nancy Nguyen, will join the panel discussion and will share her views on the business model, impact, and success stories across the PFAN project portfolio in Asia.
Date: 16 June 2022 and 08:00 – 9:30 pm (Manila Time)